Wednesday, March 2, 2011

It's All About the Dice...Or is it? (Part 2)

If you have read part one of the article, you will see that I have compiled data for my four sets of dice.  The process I took was to roll every single die in my bag 100 times and compile how many numbers I get for each die.  I have listed this data on the tables in the previous article: It's All About the Dice...Or is it? (Part 1).


I decided that I would compile how many results are obtained for the 50% plus mark of every die.  For example, the number of rolls that fall over 50% for d4s (3 or higher) and so forth.  I got the following results:




What I found quite interesting was that all the results were very similar in the end.  What I also found interesting is that both sets of my favourite dice came out ahead, even thought it was only by a fraction of a percentage. 

All in all I found an experiment like this took way too much time to compile the data and in the future will leave it to the mathematics to determine the probability of my dice.

What do you think of these results?