Thursday, March 17, 2011

March of the Phantom Brigade: Session 6

A great time was had by all this week.  I had traveled down to Toronto for the week due to school March Break and treated myself to a night of playing with a couple of the crew from Dungeons Master down at Dueling Grounds.

Tysylio joined me in this debauchery of dice rolling.  I was a little nervous.  I cannot describe the feeling of conversing with people through a blog site versus meeting them face to face:  I did not know what to expect.
The first person I met was Al, one of the people who comment of ten on the website.  It was good a icebreaker.  From then on it was only happy moments.  Al made us feel comfortable and gave us a rundown of how things work at Dueling Grounds.  Remember that I have never really gamed outside of my groups in years, so an event like this one intimidated me a little.

We talked with Al for awhile and then the gamers started to pour in.  Our DM showed up at our table right on time and I finally got to meet Ameron, the co-author of Dungeon's Master.  For those of you who don't know this, Dungeon's Master is the reason I am writing on the web.  The passions these guys put into their writing, inspired me to start putting my ideas into print.  Meeting Ameron and Bauxtehude was I guess a milestone for me.  I didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised.  

Tysylio and I were very well received and without further ado, I will post a couple of photos I took of D&D Encounters: Session 6 we played last night and you can access the recap by Ameron here, and the podcast is hosted by The Shattered Sea here.




I would like to thank everyone who was there last night for the awesome evening of gaming and for the warm reception.  One of these days I will be back in Toronto, and will be able to attend these games on a weekly basis.  Thanks guys!!  I had a blast!!